both side believes only their side can save democracy and the rule of law, that democracy and the rule of law is kaput if the other side wins
You typed that as if it each side made a true and valid claim. It's the equivalent to Trump saying there are fine people on both sides.

OMG ... No reasonably objective person would conclude Trump represents Democracy. How do I know? Just read what he has said at any rally of your choice. If you believe any of that represents saving Democracy ... well then ... perhaps you should reacquaint yourself with the Constitution and the Federalist papers. No where does anything Pres Biden has done leads to an end of Democracy ... unless you can point it out, which I would appreciate, as it would alleviate MY ignorance.

I make no case for the MAGA Base as it is more a cult than a political party, and thus they will do and believe whatever Trump says. The key phrase is reasonably objective. Since I already know the vast majority of the American electorate is ignorant and stupid, I am addressing the remaining few reasonably objective persons. Are there enough of these folks left in America to save it from Trump and his brownshirts of retribution, as Democracy swirls down the drain.

I don't know. Weathermen forecast ... bleak.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!