Another public servant has disappointed me. FBI Director Mueller hasn't replied to my complaint, so I filed a FOIA/PA Request (USPS Delivery Confirmation #0307 0020 0004 6109 1009) requesting the following:

1) Any and all records of my communications and correspondence, including any VHS videotape, to FBI Director Robert S. Mueller, III, regarding my letter, dated December 11, 2007, in which I charged violations of my civil rights and official police misconduct by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Holmes County Sheriff’s Department, and the West Florida Electric Cooperative Association. In my letter to FBI Director Mueller, I also requested an investigation and a report of the investigation;
2) I am requesting a copy of any FBI documents, notes, memos, and records attached or associated with my correspondence and/or case file, including logs, daily activity/time sheets, memos, intake forms, notes, quality control records, and processing records;
3) I am requesting a copy of any records, notes, and memos of any FBI DC Headquarters telephone calls or other communications to any other office or agency regarding my charges and request for an investigation; and,
4) Copy of FBI Agent’s case file regarding my charges of illegal electronic surveillance by the FDLE, Holmes County Sheriff’s Department, and/or any other agency, and the Agent’s Report of Investigation. If my case was not assigned for review or investigation, I am requesting any records, notes, and memos as to why my complaint was not assigned for investigation or if review is still pending.

The USPS verified delivery of the above FOIA as well as my Freedom of Information Appeal (USPS #0307 0020 0004 6109 1016)regarding my FOIA/PA to the FBI Jacksonville Special Agent In Charge. I treated the Jacksonville FBI Field Office's failure to make an initial determination whether to comply with my FOIA within the statory period as a denial of my request and appealed their decision.

I called the Jacksonville FBI Field Office on 12-28-07 regarding the status of my request and spoke to the Duty Agent that day. Since my last call when I spoke to "Chris," they've tightened up security and even stopped giving their first names, so I'll refer to this public servant as Duty Agent #2. DA#2 said that he'd get back to me and later that day he left a message that my FOIA's in the system, but he can't find it. At any rate, I never received a letter notifying me of whether or not they intend to comply with my request, so I appealed their failure to reply as a denial.

Joe