I think the last book my mother-in-law read was "The Other Boleyn Girl." It was passed on to me at the wake. It was paper-back, and 661 pages long, so I thought it would be a good read to take along on my recent trip to France.

Actually, if the book was researched decently, it does manage to tell a good bit (that was confirmed in tours) of what life was like in the courts of medieval France and England.

I told Mr. BamaMama that I was reading trashy fiction but I was gaining some knowledge of history. "Yes," he replied, "Trashy history."

Can't say he was wrong.

"The Other Boleyn Girl" is a book I chose to read backwards. I sometimes do that. I read the last chapter, the next next to the last chapter, and plunder my way through the book in that fashion.

IMHO this is the ONLY way to read this particular book because the foreshadowing in almost every chapter could cause one to cut off the head of even an innocent within range of me and a knife!

I now have to watch "Anne of 1000 Days " again. I had always envisioned her as a sympathetic character. If "TOBG" even touches the truth, Anne gives witches a bad name.

Respectfully,

Kathy Albers

Where ever you go, there you are!