About feeling forced to read a book: one of the advocates and supporters of the women authors, Carolyn Hart has a new cozy mystery entitled "Death Walked In." Carolyn has become an e-mail friend of mine. She is a good source for finding the kind of mindless reading that I often seek.

I actually accidentally purchased not one but TWO copies of her book: one through Amazon and one through the Mystery Guild. I believe in supporting those that "give back." I struggled to get to even 100 pages of this latest book. It just didn't hook me. Now I'm on the downhill slide and am actually enjoying it.

At least she knows about the locations of which she writes. This book takes place on an imaginary island off the coast of South Carolina in February. She writes that the (Lord I don't want to look up the spelling) camelia susquantias were in bloom. Yes, February is the time they bloom so beautifully. Unlike a great author Ken Follett whom when writing about winter in Huntsville, AL said the camelias had a lovely fragrance (they do not smell) and the bouganvelia (sp) sitting on the porch was a lovely color. (WRONG! WRONG!)

I did decide that with so many "average" books being published that I may attempt to write something light myself. Carolyn suggested I read a book called "How to Write Killer Fiction." Have you read it? If so, do you recommend?

Where ever you go, there you are!