The book that I couldn't get rid of......

(I just can't find a way to write that sentence any other way.)

I had started "Fearless Fourteen" before we left for our Alaskan vacation. I don't like to take hardback books on trips because they weigh too much and take up too much space. I had, however, gotten interested in the plot (which I can't even remember now) and wanted to finish the book. I did finish it on the plane. Evanovich, I believe, wrote mindless romance novels before she hit it big with "One for the Money." I found that book hysterically funny. From that high point in her career, IMHO it has been a downhill snowball. I knew that I would not be giving this book to Martha, and that my husband would not want to read it; so upon finishing the book on the first leg of the plane trip, I tried "forgetting" the book at bistro seating or in the corals used to hold the people who fly in the cattle cars called coach. Each and every time, some nice person would say, "Ms, you forgot your book." I would have to give a thank you and pick the thing up again and tote it to the next spot. Finally, while waiting outside for me on a bathroom break, Mr. Bama put the book under the suitcase and then rolled the suitcase away. That time the book didn't follow us.

If you like to read Evanovich, I'd suggest waiting for the paperbacks.

"Fearless Fourteen" (Stephanie Plum, No. 14) by Janet Evanovich

Where ever you go, there you are!