Martha loaned me a book to take on the trip to Alaska entitled "Birds of Prey" by J.A. Jance. "BOP" was one of the J.P. Beaumont books. I like Judy Jance and her books especially when she speaks in the voice of Beau Beaumont.

I just finished a book by the same author called "Damage Control." This is one of the Joanna Brady, Sheriff, books. Joanna isn't nearly as interesting as J.P. Beaumont; however no matter the characters, J.A. Jance can spin a good yarn. This book delves into the issues of infidelity and the reasons why people stray.

Joanna has always had a bad relationship with her mother and in this episode of the Brady soap opera, she finds out the reason her mother has always been so cold. One thing that irritates the stew out of me is that whenever the main character speaks of her mother she always uses all three names, Eleanor Latham Winfield. Golly, how long must a daughter know her mother before the mother earns the right to be called just "mom?"

I may be growing up. Reading these mystery "lites" are about to wear me out. It's too bad that I just received the new Kathy Reich's book. I'll break my habit after reading THAT ONE! Just one more mystery. .....just one....I sound as if I'm an addict waiting for my next fix!

Where ever you go, there you are!