Originally Posted by Mellowicious
I'm not sure I'd recommend this as a way to make decisions; in fact I'm fairly sure I wouldn't. But the quote is certainly reassuring!

Julia
My reading of the quote/observation is that a difficult decision would be where there are relatively evenly matched pluses and minuses. And the implication being that no matter what you choose in such a situation, the result will be some good and some bad. But the likely result of a different choice would be exactly the same, only different... sort of like Clinton vs Obama.

Where as a non difficult choice would offer clear distinctions for one decision vs the other decision.... IE Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin.

I personally have often adopted a similar approach to what you describe. My theory being that with either choice there are likely a range of positive positive possiblitities whihc I have likely overlooked... and the negative poassiblilities I have proably over estimated. And what ever choice I make can usually be modified if it turns out badly.... and in the end, the WORST choice is almost always to do nothing based upon indecision and looking for the perfect option.

Last edited by Ardy; 09/21/08 01:05 AM.

"It's not a lie if you believe it." -- George Costanza
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves. --Bertrand Russel