I'm an a-hole.
The other day I posted something about my so-called "squeamishness" about gays who carry an agenda everywhere they go.
Then after reading all the coverage on Prop 8 and its eventual passage I realized why.
If I were a gay person you would never hear the end of it from me.
I'd use it in my signature much the way I used to use "Occupied TX" but it wouldn't stop there. I'd be the guy with a hammer who sees everything as a nail, and I'd never stop hammering on everything I see.
Last night I listened to Keith Olbermann's reaction and it struck me that I might be one of those people standing on ceremony, one of those people who represent "separate but equal".
We all know that separate but equal doesn't work.
I apologize for my thickheadedness and I've decided it doesn't matter if the churchies get their panties in a wad over the issue.
Gays should be allowed to participate in the institution of marriage as fully as any other couple. There should be no restrictions whatsoever.
I wish my head would catch up to my heart but my heart acknowledges that something is very wrong with a community that can pass a proposition aimed at depriving one group of people happiness.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com