Maybe citing to her blog will be illuminating:
I mean really, at the end of the day how does the fact that two people want to get married affect your life? Is it taking food off your table and out of your mouth? The roof over your head? Are gays getting married the reason why Black men are being incarcerated at a rate higher than any other race? Is it the reason why more Black kids are dropping out of school and picking up guns? Is it the reason why you are unemployed and without healthcare? No, I didn’t think so.

Once again, we allowed others to come into our community and dictate to us what our agenda should be. We allowed white conservatives to purchase our pulpits and then dutifully volunteered to spread their message of divide and conquer. But what’s really baffling and equally troubling to me is that Black people collaborated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) who for nearly 150 years through the Mormon Church taught that all Blacks were cursed, uncouth, uncomely, wild, and ‘seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind’…among other things.

Like with the Minutemen and the issue of immigration, Black people once again made alliances with people who on any other issue we are usually standing opposite…polar opposite. Simply put—we were used.
Dear Black Dear Black California…About Your Support of Prop. 8. She was willing to make this argument in her "community" but not in the L.A. Times, and says so. It stumps me.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich