Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Originally Posted by stereoman
The media seem fixated on promulgating the myth that opposition to same-gender marriage is somehow connected to race, but the data show that it is connected to church attendance. And it happens that among Blacks and Hispanics, church attendance is much more prevalent than among Whites. Is that a racial characteristic? I think not.
I agree completely with this analysis, Steve, which, from my viewpoint, reinforces the unconstitutional quality of the effort - i.e., trying to promote a religious viewpoint in public policy. It does not matter that the unconstitutional act was promoted by the majority if it violates fundamental constitutional precepts.

NW, is there any way possible that the courts will not throw this out and it will actually go in effect?

Also, if it does get defeted in the courts, will this provide enough basis to make change at the federal level? Even if gay couples can mary and have benefits in California and a few other states, they are still not entitled to the federal rights of married couples.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. ~Chinese Proverb

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. ~Jon Hammond