Originally Posted by olyve
Thanks, Schlack.
I had not heard about that. I'm going to try and get to ours tomorrow (demonstration).

I just signed a petition circulating (No on Prop 8) and forwarded it on to more people I know.

Hmmm... that's funny Olyve, I believe I linked to this back on page 4. wink
Thank you for your support. Seriously. It has not always existed and to hear and read so much positive from heterosexuals during this has been amazing. There have been a lot of negative, hateful reactions (not here), but in reading a lot of message boards, I have been pleasantly surprised at how much support we really have. I don't mean to negate any of that in all my whining.

I will be at the protest tomorrow morning. What is discouraging (and Phil made a point of this earlier) is that I spoke to several gay people I work with this week who are not going to attend. The reasons I got were valid (will be traveling, have to work, etc) to really lame (really hate crowds, "what will this accomplish, the election is over") and my neighbor and co-worker may or may not be going with me because "who planned a protest for gays at 10:30 on a Saturday morning?!". I explained to him that 10:30am isn't really all that early, particularly since we live FIVE FREAKIN' BLOCKS from Civic Center! We'll see.

Someone asked what we hoped to accomplish. I said "well, I would like to get a right I am granted by the State Constitution back. So, I guess, not much". I have never felt like hitting so many people as I have the past couple weeks. eek

Last edited by Jeffro; 11/15/08 04:49 AM.

We are constantly invited to be who we are. Henry David Thoreau