I do personally consider marriage, in the traditional meaning of the word, to refer only to the consensual contractual commitment between a male and a female (whether through a church ceremony or legal documents drawn up in a lawyer's office). However, I cannot see any threat from the same documents being drawn up for a same-sex couple. There may be threats that I am not aware of, and -- like Perot said -- I am all ears.:-)

Iss, your ears will fall off waiting for an explanation of the threats. Opponents claim a threat, yet are much less forthcoming when asked for specifics. The question has been asked repeatedly and I have yet to hear what this threat to "traditional" marriage is.

That is not even how prop 8 passed, it passed, at least in part, based on lies about children being taught about this horrible abomination in schools. The other component was, of course, religion. While I appreciate the time you took to spell out any kind of rational, legal objections to this vote, and hopefully that is how it will be resolved (at least for my state), the objections to gay marriage are neither.

We are constantly invited to be who we are. Henry David Thoreau