Originally Posted by Ardy
Originally Posted by Jeffro
Some of my favorite signs from Join The Impact today in SF.

The first one is TOO funny Jeffro...
I know Ardy, that one really cracked me up - the other side of the sign was basic No On 8 stuff and he kept turning, so I had to watch that guy to get the picture (not that it was big sacrifice to keep my eyes on him blush

Given the marriages of Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, Ted Haggard and Eliot Spitzer, one has to wonder which sanctity of marriage remains to be protected... and from whom.
The Sanctity Of Marriage is a complete and total disregard of reality. When challenged with figures on divorce rates, multiple marriages, unwed mothers, anything that resides in the real world, the opponents say nothing. They pretend they didn't hear the question. They probably have to in order to maintain their fantasy that there is a legitimate, moral reason for their objection rather than a simple hatred of, or superiority to gay people.

Now, follow this pretzel logic:

There was a letter to the editor of the SF Chronicle prior to the election from a woman named Muriel who said she had gone to lunch with her lesbian niece and her niece's current partner. A friend of Muriel's saw her and approached. Muriel was flummoxed as to how to introduce her niece's friend. Should she refer to her as a girlfriend? Partner? Significant other? What word should she use? This caused her so much anxiety, that she decided she was going to vote to support Prop 8, and eliminate the right for her niece to marry.

I found it refreshing to know that my equal right to marry hung on an awkward lunch introduction.

We are constantly invited to be who we are. Henry David Thoreau