Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
Some same-sex marriage supporters are urging people to "call in gay" Wednesday to show how much the country relies on gays and lesbians, but others question whether it's wise to encourage skipping work given the nation's economic distress.

Organizers of "Day Without a Gay" — scheduled to coincide with International Human Rights Day and modeled after similar work stoppages by Latino immigrants — also are encouraging people to perform volunteer work and refrain from spending money.
Call in gay

I will not work on Wednesday, but will not post my usual Wednesday opener here and it will feature gay rights.

I and my fellow sexual jihadists from work discussed this. My office has a LARGE gay workforce. We have decided that it is really not right to punish a company that is very supportive of us and our rights. I know the idea is to show the impact if we weren't here, but we all felt very strongly that we are appreciated and respected already.

Though I am open to compelling reasons to take the day off... wink

I will talk to HR today and get their thoughts. They may actually be supportive of the idea.

We are constantly invited to be who we are. Henry David Thoreau