Ron,
I am not certain, was that the pro- or anti-gay marriage biblical argument you are saying is "a pile of nonsense"?

Personally, I don't give a fig what the Bible says about marriage, and neither should the courts. Marriage, as discussed in Prop 8 and any other legislation on the topic is a civic issue, and can only based upon the Constitution. As such, religion has no relevance whatsoever to the topic, although it is very difficult to convince any anti-gay zealot of that. It is difficult, indeed, to get many to understand at all that it is the Constitution and not the Bible that governs our civic behavior and processes as a nation. As far as personal beliefs and behaviors, you have the right to believe and behave as you choose, but you do not have the right to let your personal predilections dictate other people's fundamental rights as a citizen.

By the way, I would love to assist in the "day without a gay" campaign, but being on Active Duty and not being gay, I am not sure how I can do so without compromising my position or avoiding my responsibilities to the citizenry. I am supportive of anything that gets peoples' attention (so long as it is non-violent and civil), but personal participation is not an option. smile

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich