I don't think that gays have equal right right now. But due to my personal beliefs I cannot support "marriage for everyone" 100%. I do support civil unions with equal federal/local rights for everyone and marriage up to the church.

If you take that as not supporting the "gay cause" so be it. I don't need to be sorry for my personal beliefs.

No, kap17, you do not ever have to be sorry for your personal beliefs.

I do not understand them. I and others have attempted to be clear, logical and concise in our arguments (occasionally slipping into emotionalism that I do not regret). You can hold onto your personal beliefs and apparently as long as a majority hold onto theirs, I will have to fight for the right to mine. This is not the "gay cause" you are not supporting, it is me and people like me.

I'm not the one out there that is trying to pass laws and propositions. But when I am asked to vote and to voice my opinion I will do so.

It is the job of the Courts to make sure that discrimination doesn't take place and the California Courts should have never allowed Prop 8 on the ballots.

Indeed, and with luck it will be overturned as unconstitutional. But it was on the ballot and people, for whatever reason or beliefs, were allowed to vote away one of my recently gained rights. I think we are in agreement, that that should never happen again.

We are constantly invited to be who we are. Henry David Thoreau