My anger stems from the fact that older generation of gays and politicians should have known the Christian-right would used the “child” tactic and fight them back head-to-head on the "child" issue just as Harvey Milk did to John Brigg in a debate in Orange County, California in 1978 – in the Christian-right’s own backyard!

Rick, I don't want to get into a discussion about Milk and I have not yet seen the picture, but even in his day he was very controversial in the gay community outside the Castro. And he was far from the only leader in the anti-6 campaign. Here in LA we seldom heard of him for the most part.

For the record, the anti8 campaign was mostly run by men and women in their 30'sw and 40's, not by "older gays". Wait until you are an "older gay" and then you will understand that it is very seldom we get asked anything and certainly are not always welcome with suggestions or even leadership.

Many younger gays think we fought our fight, they are grateful, but now is the time for a new generation. Kinda like the Obama phenomenon.

So I wonder how often you communicated with Equality California or any other of the actual leaders of the anti-8 campaign. I know I did. No response to me. To you?

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul