Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
I don't want to get into a discussion about Milk and I have not yet seen the picture, but even in his day he was very controversial in the gay community outside the Castro. And he was far from the only leader in the anti-6 campaign. Here in LA we seldom heard of him for the most part.
There were no openly gay policians at that time in L.A. The movie made it "seem" that Harvey Milk not only was a warrior for the gay cause in San Francisco - but across the nation as the movie showed several scenes in which young gays would call Mr. Milk and tell him that their families hated them and they asked him what should they do. He always suggested to them that how ever they could - get to New York, Los Angeles or San Francisco on the next bus out of town.

Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
So I wonder how often you communicated with Equality California or any other of the actual leaders of the anti-8 campaign. I know I did. No response to me. To you?
The only time was in San Diego when I picked up my three "No on 8" signs.

Next time, I'll be more prepared and not so lackadaisical. I'll be more prepared to fight the Christian-right now that I am aware of their tactics.

For example, if I could go back three months, I would suggest a commerical that ran children saying to the camera:

In May 2008, the California Supreme Court said my parents could marry.

(I would then have shown a collage of lesbian and gay couples over the kid's shoulders)

...with the kids adding:

Please don't take my parents right away to be happy.

(Then all of the kids in unison)

Vote No on Proposition 8.

Fight kid tactic with kid tactic - that's how I would fight the Christian-right.

Contrarian, extraordinaire