At the risk of unending repetition, I wish I could vote in CA, but I cannot. I am very much a supporter of equality for all and do what I can, including contributions to Lambda legal, when I can. I have posted frequently here on RR on the subject and follow it ardently. I think that the longer reality continues to confront the ideological cocoon that the Prop 8 supporting population inhabits, the more their illogical fantasy world will continue to crumble. I truly believe that the homophobic order is crumbling in the United States, but like the Bush administration "burrowing in" like-minded ideologues into the infrastructure of government before being ousted, there are dozens of State laws that will have to be repealed, or overturned in order to achieve the goal. My fantasy - Jeffro started it! - is that the SCOTUS will rule that such laws are constitutionally impermissible and overturn them all as unconstitutional - achieving in one fell swoop the return to constitutional balance that these enactments have set askance, akimbo, off-kilter. Obama is the one to make that a reality. laugh

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich