This just in:
The Rev. Richard Cizik, vice president for governmental affairs for the National Association of Evangelicals, said in a Dec. 2 National Public Radio interview that his outlook on same-sex marriage was "shifting, I have to admit. In other words, I would willingly say that I believe in civil unions."
How did this happen?

offtopic
Originally Posted by california rick
there's no excuse not to obtain a higher education - unless one is dumb and get someone preggers and then have to support three people on a minimum wage job or stupid to rob some place or senseless enough to murder someone and end up in prison.
You sound like my Dad, rick. Who, BTW I spoke to on the phone last night (alert the media!). He has no clue what life is like for people beneath him because he refuses to look down. They are, after all, beneath him.

I'll never forget sitting in the emergency room at two in the morning with him, the night my brother got his back broken in a car accident. Bro was getting tractioned, I was virtually in shock, and Dad was carrying on a tirade about fat people. "Look at that woman" he said loudly enough for that woman to hear. "It's disGUSSting. There's no excuse for that kind of fatness."

Some people are indeed beneath you. They're not as smart as you, not as industrious, not as good-looking, they don't speak as well . . . Though you may not immediately think of it this way - these are all handicaps. They will never succeed if we insist on setting the bar insurmountably high. We have to lower our expectations.

If you're having trouble figuring out how they fit into your world, then surely you can understand why so many str8 people have trouble figuring out how you fit into theirs.

Steve
Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love,
to respect and be kind to one another,
so that we may grow with peace in mind.

(Native American prayer)