I'm not sure it is so cavalier, my friend. I think that Kap's point is that Prop 8 probably represents the apex of anti-gay sentiment, and that resort to the courts is inevitable. I see it more as a statement of fact than of intent. I join with those that are concerned about the impact the success of Prop 8 and the implications that it may have for other rights, as well as your concern about the reimposition of limitations that had previously (and in some States, still does) existed in the laws that are discriminatory and anti-humanistic. I am personally tired of religious agendas taking precedence over legal rights and I am encouraged that Obama is someone who believes in those rights. I think there is a significant segment of the majority who believe in equality but see the debate over "marriage" as semantics -- I happen to disagree, but it is a reasonable position and persuasion is what will be required to change it.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich