Originally Posted by Jeffro
I also don't like the way this is being defended, as if Obama is being fair and balanced by giving voice to all sides of this issue.
I have not seen it being defended that way. If you have a source or two to demonstrate that point of view, I'd be glad to read them and react with similar revulsion. The defense I am seeing - and which I agree with - is that Mr. Obama is hardly a smidgen less of a Fundamentalist than his predecessor, the primary difference being that he is an adherent to the Social Gospel whereas the self-proclaimed Compassionate Conservative was in fact not. The defense I am seeing is that it isn't reasonable to make unfounded assumptions about his position on the issue and then hold his feet to the fire for not living up to those assumptions.

Hold his feet to the fire for the position he actually holds, yes. That position being that he intends to keep his religion and his governance separate.

Originally Posted by Jeffro
I'm sure Rick Warren is a swell guy. He is just dead wrong on this issue.
It will be much easier for a friend to open his mind to that possibility than for an adversary.

Steve
Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love,
to respect and be kind to one another,
so that we may grow with peace in mind.

(Native American prayer)